just a few of my thoughts from today ~
breathing and feeling deeply enables us to live well,
breathing and feeling deeper allows us to love well.
i was out and about to get my 2011 calendars
on this first day of the new year.
when i got in my car
i took a deep, strong breath in and felt the air surge through me
i let a long, relaxing breath out and felt the air flow away from me.
i realized how well i live and feel because of this practice i learned from yoga.
then the first line of this simple concept trickled into my mind
and i scribbled it down on a scrap of paper ~
breathing and feeling deeply enables us to live well
i contemplated this as i drove. by the time i got home
i realized how powerful and even greater this idea was for me.
because when i love well
it’s as if i have taken a deeper breath, and felt a deeper connection
on the outside and the inside.
i wrote the second line down on that piece of paper ~
breathing and feeling deeper allows us to love well
intoxicating deep breaths oftentimes
stimulate even deeper thoughts and
sometimes even the deepest feelings within me.
what do you think? ~sb
- Diaphragmatic Breathing (wikipedia.org)
- Deep Breathing: It’s Easy When You Don’t Try (health.howstuffworks.com)
- Breathe Deeply (wikihow.com)
- Why You Should Practice Deep Breathing (and How to Do It) (marksdailyapple.com)
- Beginners Guide for Breathing Meditation Techniques (brighthub.com)
- A Full Breath (psychologytoday.com)