what’s seems obvious to me: bottom line is ~ no matter what age ~ parents need to engage actively with their child — not with their devices.~sb
“When you are with your child be there with them.”~Dr. Ari Brown, lead author of the AAP’s revised guidelines on toddlers and TV. So how does all this relate to smartphones and tablets? The AAP’s new policy doesn’t address these devices — “we simply don’t have the science right now to comment,” Brown says.
- Will Smartphones And iPads Mush My Toddler’s Brain? (npr.org)
- Kids Under 2 Should Play, Not Watch TV, Doctors Say (livescience.com)
- No TV for Tots, Doctors Say (blogs.wsj.com)
- Should babies watch TV? (sfgate.com)
- Babies and TV: New Media Use Guidelines from the AAP (scienceofmom.com)
- Neuroscience meets Dr. Seuss (sarahneanbruce.wordpress.com)